National Food Day
National Food Day (10/24) was developed to encourage Americans to eat healthier and make more nutritious food choices. If you’re wondering how you can participate in National Food Day, here are some tips:
- Read food labels closely. If there is a word you cannot pronounce, return the item to the shelf.
- Try a food you’ve never eaten before. You might surprise yourself!
- While it’s too late to plant a garden in most of the US, you can grow fresh herbs right on your windowsill.
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store where the freshest foods tend to be.
- Look for a healthier way to cook your favorite foods. A simple tip might be exchanging corn oil for extra virgin olive oil.
Here are some healthier recipes we’ve featured on Cooked on Propane to help you get started:
Share this story, choose your platform:
Peace of mind
fuel supply, when
you need it
Locations providing exceptional service to local communities across 42 states
Years serving our customers and their communities. Customer satisfaction since 1928
Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs
We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call