Here are some “Energy Saving Tips.” For additional tips you may want to visit the Home Energy Saver website
Contact your local Suburban Propane service center to schedule an appointment for a check-up of your heating system.
- Change or clean furnace filters once a month during the heating season.
- Replace old, outdated appliances with high-efficiency models.
- Close vent and doors in unused rooms and dampers on unused fireplaces.
- Lower the thermostat on water heaters to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check to see if your attic and basement have the recommended levels of insulation.
- Keep the lint filter on your dryer clean. Dirty lint filters restrict air flow and can also be fire hazards.
- Lower your thermostats when away from the house for more than a few hours.
- Install an automatic setback or programmable thermostat.