If you love the combination of chocolate and mint, you will love these cookies submitted by Denette in our Syracuse, NY office to celebrate “National Cookie Day” on December 4th.
Peppermint Pattie Cookies
- Propane Oven
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 14 pieces Peppermint Patties
- 1 container Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until fully combined.
- Using your hands, form small balls of dough.
- Flatten a ball, then place a Peppermint Patty in the center and fold dough over to completely cover.
- Transfer to baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Top with sprinkles and bake until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.