Get ready for a fun(gi) filled day as we celebrate National Mushroom Day with this mushroom based pasta sauce submitted by our very own Scott M. out of our Uncasville, CT location.
The complete recipe is below. In addition, check out the recipe for Mushroom Soup, we shared the other day for Vegetarian Month.
Thank you again Scott for sharing this recipe with our readers!
Mushroom Based Pasta Sauce
- 1 Propane Stove
- 3 lbs Lean ground beef
- 56 oz Crushed tomatoes
- 28 oz Diced tomatoes
- 6 oz Tomato paste
- 1 large Green bell pepper
- 1 large Red bell pepper
- 8 oz Container of mushrooms sliced/chopped
- 1 large Sweet onion
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 4 tbsp Italian spice
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Chop/dice peppers and onion and place into a sauté or comparable fry pan.
- Add salt and pepper, bring to high heat, and sauté until caramelized.
- Mix in ground beef and paprika. Stir occasionally until beef has browned.
- Transfer contents into 6 – 8-quart sauce pan and stir in tomato paste.
- Add cans diced tomato as a layer.
- Add sugar across top as a layer.
- Add crushed tomatoes as a layer.
- Add Italian spice as a layer.
- Add tomato paste as a layer.
- Simmer on lowest possible heat 6-12 hours, stirring occasionally or once an hour. (Do not scrape the bottom.)
Share this story, choose your platform:
Peace of mind
fuel supply, when
you need it
Locations providing exceptional service to local communities across 42 states
Years serving our customers and their communities. Customer satisfaction since 1928
Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs
We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call