Decadent Dark Chocolate French Silk Pie
Indulge your taste buds in the richness of our Dark Chocolate French Silk Pie. Our recipe is a twist on the traditional pie using dark chocolate to for an exquisite velvety filling! This dessert is rich and creamy, balanced by a buttery flaky crust. Perfect with either a dollop of whipped cream on top or topping the entire pie! Follow our simple Cooked on Propane recipe to create a decadent treat that’s perfect for any occasion!
Decadent Dark Chocolate French Silk Pie Recipe
- Propane Stove
- 1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust baked
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet dark chocolate chips or baking bars melted
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- salt pinch
- Garnish with chocolate shavings or whipped cream
- Using a double boiler on your propane stove, add dark chocolate morsels, and over low heat allow the chocolate to melt. Gently stir to ensure fully melted and avoid burning. When smooth and melted, set aside and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Using a large mixing bowl or standing mixer, combine softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue to mix until the mixture becomes smooth and silky.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, followed by the cooled melted dark chocolate. Mix until well combined.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
Assemble the Pie:
- Spoon in pie filling mixture into the pre-baked pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Place the assembled pie in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until completely chilled to allow it to set.
Serve and Garnish:
- Remove from the refrigerator, slice, and serve chilled. Optional to garnish the entire pie or just a slice with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Share this story, choose your platform:
Peace of mind
fuel supply, when
you need it
Locations providing exceptional service to local communities across 42 states
Years serving our customers and their communities. Customer satisfaction since 1928
Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs
We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call