Celebrate National Peanut Butter Day with These Scotchies
Happy National Peanut Butter Day (January 24)! Dive in with this delicious and beloved recipe – Peanut Butter Scotchies! These chewy, peanut butter-infused cookies are laced with butterscotch chips, creating a perfect blend of sweet and nutty goodness. With a few simple ingredients, minimal prep, and quick cook time, our Cooked on Propane recipe is easy to follow and yields an irresistible treat that is perfect to share.
Thanks to Stephanie, W. in Albion, IN for this recipe submission.
Peanut Butter Scotchies
- 1 Propane Stove
- 11 oz bag of butterscotch chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 6 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup add additional cup of peanut butter for more peanut butter flavor
- On a propane stove, combine butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a medium saucepan.
- Cook on low to medium heat for about 3-5 minutes until combined ingredients melt together. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching or sticking.
- While butterscotch chips and peanut butter combination begins to melt, measure corn flakes and add to a separate large mixing bowl.
- Once butterscotch chips and peanut butter is melted and stirred, pour mixture into large mixing bowl with cornflakes. Fold in until all flakes are coated. Note: It will look like you don’t have enough to coat them all but if you continue to fold in, it will coat everything.
- Spoon mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or foil, ensuring space between each.
- Let sit until cool and firm. Option to place cookie sheet in freezer to expedite process.
- Serve and enjoy!
Share this story, choose your platform:
Peace of mind
fuel supply, when
you need it
Locations providing exceptional service to local communities across 42 states
Years serving our customers and their communities. Customer satisfaction since 1928
Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs
We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call