Michelle in our Asheville, NC sent in this classic stuffing recipe in time for Thanksgiving (November 25th).
- 1 Propane Oven
- 18 stalks Celery outside pieces
- 5 large Onions
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Thyme
- 1 1/2 sleeves Butter Crackers
- 4 loaves Italian Bread Buy 3 days before and turn so no mold forms
- Chop celery and onion separately.
- Saute celery till soft in butter (add butter as needed) remove when soft, put in large mixing bowl.
- Saute onion until translucent, not brown, remove and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut Italian Bread into 2” pieces. Dunk in water turn over and dunk again and squeeze out as much water as possible, add to mixing bowl.
- Combine all ingredients together with clean hands until mixed thoroughly. Add eggs, salt, and thyme. Crumble Ritz crackers and add to mixing bowl.
- Place into a baking dish and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour. While cooking, add drippings from the turkey and stir every half hour.