Vegan/Gluten and Dairy Free Vanilla Cupcakes
November 10th is National Vanilla Cupcake Day and we're all for celebrating these handfuls of tastiness. Today we are spotlighting a vegan and dairy/gluten free version for those who have dietary needs but want to celebrate along with the rest of us!
- 1 Propane Oven
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 5 tbsp Applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Vegan butter
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Non dairy milk
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix together well until no lumps are left in batter.
- Bake for 23-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan and let cool completely before icing.
- In a large bowl beat softened butter until smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat on low speed, gradually increasing to medium-high each time you add powdered sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 5 minutes.