May 2nd is known as National Truffle Day. A day to celebrate this delicious, fragrant mushroom that grows underground near truffle oaks usually found in France. Truffles are considered a delicacy and some versions, like the black truffle, can sell for $900 a pound. Thankfully, a bottle of truffle oil retails for around $20 and can be found in most grocery stores.
Besides making truffle fries, you can use the same recipe to elevate tater tots. Truffle oil is also delicious on pasta, as a vinaigrette in salads, drizzled over popcorn or to dip bread into.
We hope you will try our Truffle French Fry recipe and let us know what you think.
- 1 Propane Oven
- 1 bag Frozen French fries
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup White truffle oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Cook the French fries according to the directions on the bag.
- Once the fries are cooked, strain them from the oil (if you fried them) or remove them from the oven, and toss them in a large bowl with the Parmesan cheese, truffle oil, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.