We’re celebrating National Shrimp Day (5/10) by sharing this light dinner that comes together quickly. With a few simple ingredients and a turn on your propane grill, you can quickly enjoy the perfect summer dish. Did you know shrimp is America’s favorite seafood? The average American eats 4 pounds of shrimp annually!
- 1 Propane Grill
- 18 large Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 3 cups Pineapple cubed
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tsp Ginger freshly grated
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat and place wooden skewers in water to soak.
- Lay out the shrimp and pineapple on a cutting board. Thread the pineapple and shrimp on the skewers.
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- Add the skewers into the bag, careful not to puncture the bag. Pour the marinade around the pineapple and shrimp, making sure to coat each piece.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and allow the bag to marinate in the fridge. Don't leave it longer because the shrimp can start to break down.
- Remove the kabobs from the bag and grill for 5-8 minutes or until the shrimp start to curl and turn pink. Flip once. Do not overcook!