Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
Finger foods always draw a crowd. Wrap anything in bacon and you're got a sure fire hit on your hands. Jalapeno poppers are great to cook while tailgating or to bring to a party. Make as many as you need, they are quick and easy.
- 1 Propane Stove
- 1 Propane Grill
- 10 large Jalapenos sliced in half
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper
- 6 slices Bacon cooked
- 20 slices Bacon uncooked
- Cut jalapeno peppers in half, spooning out the white flesh and seeds. Do not remove stems. Soak in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour for a mildly hot taste.
- On a stope top, cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until the fat renders and the bacon is crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels and let them cool. Crumble them into a mixing bowl, but reserve some for topping.
- Add the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and spices to the mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. It should be nice and creamy.
- Stuff jalapeno halves with the spiced cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap the stuffed jalapenos with a slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat a propane grill to medium heat and grill the jalapeno poppers for 15-20minutes, until the bacon cooks through.
- Remove from heat and cool them just a bit. Garnish with extra crumbled bacon.