As the temperatures drop, energy usage increases resulting in more costly bills for homeowners, but there are many ways to save and Suburban Propane shares five energy saving tips to help reduce your heating costs this winter:
1. Check your appliances. Well-maintained systems make better use of your fuel supply.
2. Upgrade your systems. Older appliances work harder and can lead to higher bills.
3. Change your furnace filters. Clean filters allow your heating systems to operate more efficiently.
4. Upgrade your showerhead. A new efficient shower can reduce your water usage significantly.
5. Lower your thermostat. Or consider a programmable thermostat that effortlessly changes your home’s temperature settings so you consume less energy while away or asleep.