Alison in our Morrisville, VT office sent in this different take on the classic Thanksgiving (November 25th) stuffing.
Cranberry Apple Stuffing
- 1 Propane Oven
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 12 cups Seasoned Stuffing Cubes
- 2 medium Onions diced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 3/4 cup Parsley
- 1 medium Apple diced
- 1 cup Cranberries
- 3 large Eggs beaten
- 2 cup Chicken or Turkey Stock
- 1 to taste Salt and Pepper
- Heat over to 375°F.
- Butter 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a skillet or pot over medium-high heat, melt 6 tablespoons butter. Add onions and salt, cooking for 7-9 minutes or until soft and golden .
- Add garlic, rosemary and thyme. Add apple, cranberries and salt & pepper to skillet. Stir often for 2-3 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Pour stock and beaten eggs over bread mixture, stir until combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish, top with buttered parchment paper and loosely wrap in foil.
- Bake 20 minutes uncovered. Bake another 20 minutes uncovered or until golden brown.