Chicken and Spinach Tortellini Soup
This quick-to-fix soup makes a great light meal with a salad and crusty bread. Thanks to Denette S. in our Syracuse, NY office for the National Homemade Soup Day (February 4) submission.
- 1 Propane Stove
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup Carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 package Fresh Tortellini 12-16 oz
- 2 cups Fresh Spinash
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, then add the butter or oil, celery, carrots, onion, salt, and a few cracks of black pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes until softened and translucent, stirring every couple minutes to make sure the vegetables don’t brown.
- Add the chicken broth, bring the soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Add the tortellini and spinach, stir for 2-3 minute to wilt, then stir in the shredded chicken.
- Let simmer on low-medium heat for about 10 minutes and serve with parmesan cheese.