Bacon Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese
If you love bacon cheeseburgers, then you are going to love this version of mac and cheese submitted by Eileen C. in Windsor, CT. This crowd favorite keeps in the refrigerator for a few days and can easily be reheated later on.
- 1 Propane stove/oven
- 1 lb Macaroni of choice
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 18 oz Cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 8 oz Velvetta cheese cubed
- 1/2 tsp Ground mustard
- 16 oz Half and half
- 1 stick Butter melted
- 6 slices Bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup Onion sauteed
- 1 roll Butter crackers
- Cook ground beef until done; crumble.
- Cook bacon; crumble.
- Sautee onion until translucent.
- Cook pasta to al dente. Rinse pasta and put into large mixing bowl. Add 3/4 of melted butter and ground mustard.
- Mix in all cheese slowly. Add in ground beef, bacon, onion, and half and half until well blended. Put into a large baking dish.
- Mix 1/4 of melted butter and butter crackers together, sprinkle over top.
- Bake in propane oven for 45 minutes.