National Taco Day (October 4th) is a great excuse to grab some wild Alaskan Halibut and try a new recipe. Halibut is the star of the show in this taco recipe submitted by Linda in our Anchorage, AK service center.
Alaska Halibut Tacos
- 1 Propane Grill
- 2 lbs Fresh Alaska Halibut Steak
- 2 tsp Non Stick Pan Spray
- 2 tbsp Cajun Blackened Seasoning
- 24 small Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 medium Avocado Sliced
- 1 medium Lemon Cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 jar Salsa
- Place halibut in a grill pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Season halibut with cajun seasoning. Use enough to cover and grill over medium flame. Cook until brown be careful not to overcook. Halibut is cooked when it flakes with fork but is still moist inside. Flake halibut in pan.
- Mix sour cream, half of lime and cajun seasoning.
- Warm in microwave 1-2 minutes.
- Take two tortillas and place some cooked halibut in the center. Top halibut with cabbage and cilantro. Top with avocado slices and drizzle with crema. Serve with salsa and lime wedges on the side.