Asian Honey Garlic Beef or Chicken Skewers
March 28 is Something on a Stick Day, a day to have fun with your food! To celebrate this delicious day, Cheryl B., from our Hammonton, NJ office submitted this recipe.
- 1 Propane Grill
- 1 lb Chicken or Tender Beef Cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Freshly grated
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil for mixture
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil for cooking
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds toasted
- 10 wooden Skewers soaked in water
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, except garlic powder
- Add cornstarch to desired consistency.
- Thread meat onto skewers.
- Sprinkle garlic powder evenly on meat.
- Coat meat skewers in marinade.
- Refrigerate overnight, minimum of 3 hours. Mixture will harden which makes it easier to cook.
- Coat grates of a propane grill with sesame oil.
- Cook at medium heat about 7-8 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Serve with soy sauce or other dipping sauces of your choice.