- Permanently installed and supplied by an above- or below-ground tank, it starts automatically the moment the power goes down.
- Supplies supplemental electricity in as little as 10 seconds after an outage.
- Propane doesn’t degrade over time, unlike diesel or gasoline, making it an ideal standby power fuel.
- Most units produce as little as 60 decibels of noise, comparable to a normal conversation.
- Available in a variety of capacities to fit the needs of any size home.
- Produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than diesel or gasoline.
- Propane is non-toxic, non-poisonous, and won’t contaminate soil or water.
- Can handle an entire home’s energy needs for days, unlike solar- or wind-powered systems.
Propane Provides Energy Versatility
The same propane that will power a home’s generator can also power the other major appliances that make life less stressful during a power outage. Adding these propane appliances, and more, throughout a home can reduce the size and cost of the standby generator, by reducing the demands on it.
*Courtesy of Propane Education Research Council