Energy Saving Tips Consumers Should Pursue
THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Inspect and tune-up your residential heating system regularly. A heating system that runs well is more efficient and will save you money.
- Invest in a furnace thermostat timer that lowers your home's temperature when you are not at home. You can cut annual heating bills by as much as 10% per year by turning your thermostat back 10-15% for eight hours per day.
- Protect against drafts by caulking and weather-stripping around windows, doors, and other openings such as ducts, fans, and vents.
- Install flow-restricting showerheads. You can reduce hot water usage by up to 50% without affecting shower pressure.
- Consider switching to a propane water heater. Over time, propane water heaters can cost up to one-third less to operate, and they recover hot water twice as quickly as electric water heaters.
- Discuss payment plan options with your propane retailer. Many retailers have budget payment plans that will help you spread your projected annual cost of propane over many months, lowering the costs of seasonally higher bills.
THROUGHOUT THE COLD WEATHER SEASON
- Change your furnace filter monthly. Clean filters will increase efficiency. If on a monthly payment plan, use receipt of your monthly propane bill as a reminder.
- Run washing machines, clothes dryers, and dishwashers with a full load.
- Turn down your water heater from the standard 120 degrees to 115 degrees. You could save more than 10% on your water heating bill.
- Increase your water heater's efficiency by draining it every six months to remove mineral deposits and sediment.
Propane Education & Research Council
National Propane Gas Association
American Gas Association
U.S. Department of Energy
Peace of mind
fuel supply, when
you need it
Locations providing exceptional service to local communities across 42 states
Years serving our customers and their communities. Customer satisfaction since 1928
Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs
We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call