What Makes Propane the Best Choice for a Standby Generator? The Power of Propane
A standby generator powered by propane offers advantages that other fuel sources simply can’t match:
- Permanently installed and supplied by an above- or below-ground tank, it starts automatically the moment the power goes down.
- Supplies supplemental electricity in as little as 10 seconds after an outage.
- Propane doesn’t degrade over time, unlike diesel or gasoline, making it an ideal standby power fuel.
- Most units produce as little as 60 decibels of noise, comparable to a normal conversation.
- Available in a variety of capacities to fit the needs of any size home.
- Produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than diesel or gasoline.
- Propane is non-toxic, non-poisonous, and won’t contaminate soil or water.
- Can handle an entire home’s energy needs for days, unlike solar- or wind-powered systems.
Propane Provides Energy Versatility
The same propane that will power a home’s generator can also power the other major appliances that make life less stressful during a power outage. Adding these propane appliances, and more, throughout a home can reduce the size and cost of the standby generator, by reducing the demands on it.
*Courtesy of Propane Education Research Council
Share this story, choose your platform:
Peace of mind
fuel supply, when
you need it
Locations providing exceptional service to local communities across 42 states
Years serving our customers and their communities. Customer satisfaction since 1928
Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs
We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call