“National Cookie Day” (December 4th) wouldn’t be complete without this classic holiday cookie submitted by Alison from Morrisville, VT.
- 1 Propane Oven
- 1 cup Unsalted butter (2 sticks) melted
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp Flour 1
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9×13 glass baking pan (do not use metal) with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished bars out
- Combine melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the flour and stir to completely combine. The dough will be thick. Place crust firmly into prepared pan, making sure that it is even and nice.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven. Prick holes all over the warm crust with a fork (but do not go through the crust).
- Whisk all the filling ingredients together until combined.
- Pour filling over warm crust. Bake the bars for 20 minutes or until the center is relatively set and no longer jiggles.
- Remove bars from the oven and cool completely at room temperature.
- Once cool, lift the parchment paper out of the pan using the overhang on the sides.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar and cut into squares before serving.
Share this story, choose your platform:
Peace of mind
fuel supply, when
you need it
Locations providing exceptional service to local communities across 42 states
Years serving our customers and their communities. Customer satisfaction since 1928
Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs
We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call