Rotisserie Chicken Tamale Casserole
This Rotisserie Chicken Tamale Casserole is a quick and easy weeknight dinner bursting with flavors. Perfect for celebrating National Rotisserie Chicken Day (June 2) thanks to Debbie D. from our Syracuse, NY office.
- 1 Propane Oven
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 large Egg
- 4 tbsp Butter unsalted and melted
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Creamed corn
- 4.5 ounces Green chiles diced
- 2 cups Rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup Tex Mex cheddar cheese shredded
- 10 ounces Enchilada sauce
- 1 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 medium Avocado
- 1 handful Green onions
- 1 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup Sour cream
- Preheat propane over to 400 degrees.
- Add the cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder to a medium size bowl and whisk together. Add the egg, butter, and buttermilk whisking well. Stir in the creamed corn and the green chilies. Pour the cornbread mixture into a 12 inch skillet or 9x9 inch baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. To make sure the cornbread is done, insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it's done.
- When the cornbread is done, poke holes in it with a fork or use the end of a wooden spoon.
- Mix half the enchilada sauce with the shredded chicken. Pour the other half of the enchilada sauce over the top of the cornbread. Top with shredded chicken and all the cheese.
- Bake the casserole for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and has started to brown on top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then top casserole with any of the toppings listed before serving.