Homemade Suet Feeder
February is National Bird Feeding Month. It's a chance to help our flying friends during the tough winter months. A great way to help is to make your own suet feeders. Simple to do with just a few ingredients.
- 1 Propane Stove
- 1 Cup Lard or shortening and/or bacon grease
- 1 Cup Natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 Cup Dried fruit/birdseed/sunflower seeds/quick cook oats
- Over medium heat, melt the fat (lard/shortening/grease).
- Take off heat and let sit for a few minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter until both are well mixed.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Scoop into muffin tin. With a straw make a hole in the middle.
- Freeze for a few hours. Pop out, thread a piece of yarn through the center, and hang outside.
- Keep remaining cakes frozen until needed.