Fudgy Candy Cane Brownies
It’s the season of family gatherings, parties, and candy canes. If you are tasked with bringing a dessert to any of your holiday events, these fudgy candy cane brownies are the perfect treat. Easy to make, they’ll have you swearing off boxed brownie mix for good! Using a few basic ingredients and our straightforward, easy to follow instructions, you’ll bake a batch of irresistible, homemade minty brownies your guests will devour.
- 1 Propane Oven
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt omit if using salted butter
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat your propane oven to 350°F. While the oven warms, grease a 8x8-inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and granulated sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then add the vanilla extract and half of the crushed candy canes. Mix until smooth and well combined, removing any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Pro-tip: Don’t over mix the batter as air bubbles may cause the brownies to become more cakey than fudgy.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs. Remember, a slightly under baked brownie is the key to a fudgy texture!
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, Top with the remaining crushed candy canes. Transfer brownies to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled completely, cut into 16 squares.
Share this story, choose your platform:
Peace of mind
fuel supply, when
you need it
Locations providing exceptional service to local communities across 42 states
Years serving our customers and their communities. Customer satisfaction since 1928
Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs
We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call