Strawberry Pretzel Pie
In honor of National Strawberry Day (February 27th), Denette S. in our Syracuse, NY office submitted this pie that's a great treat for the senses!
- 1 Propane Oven
- 2 cups Crushed Pretzels
- 1/2 cup Crushed Walnuts
- 3/4 cup Melted Butter
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 cups Whipped Topping
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 packages Strawberry Gelatin 3 oz packages
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 2 packages Frozen Strawberries 16 oz bags, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, walnuts, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in sweetened strawberries; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon overfilling. Chill until firm, 4-6 hours. Cut into squares; if desired, serve with additional whipped topping and pretzels.