What Makes Propane The Best Choice for Standby Power?
Preparing early can save you time and unnecessary worry. A standby generator powered by propane offers advantages that other fuel sources simply can’t match:
- Permanently installed and supplied by an above- or below- ground tank, and can start automatically, the moment the power goes down.
- Supplies supplemental electricity in as little as 10 seconds after an outage.
- Propane doesn’t degrade over time, unlike diesel or gasoline, making it an ideal standby power fuel.
- Most units produce as little as 60 decibels of noise, comparable to normal conversation.
- Available in a variety of capacities to fit the needs of any size home.
- Produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than diesel or gasoline.
- Propane is non-toxic, non-poisonous, and won’t contaminate soil or water in the way other fuels do.
- Can be designed to handle an entire home’s energy needs for days, unlike solar- or wind- powered systems.
Suburban Propane has been serving the energy needs of families and businesses in this community for decades. With over 90 years of experience we are among the leaders in the industry for safety.
Fill out the form on this page or call us at 800-769-0106 to discuss your needs today.
Mention Code: 1711
PROPANE PROVIDES ENERGY VERSATILITY
The same propane that will power a home’s generator can also power the other major appliances that make life less stressful during a power outage.
THE COST OF BEING UNPREPARED
The average homeowner will experience 3.5 power interruptions in a two-year period. Even short outages lasting less than four hours can cost homeowners an average of $1,250 or nearly $4,500 in spoiled food, hotels, damaged electronics, and more.